Lead Environment Artist
3 months ago
Lead Environment Artist
Phoenix Labs are looking for a Lead Environment Artist to work on a new original IP. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best environments and levels for our players, along with the ability to inspire their team to do the same.
This is a full-time, permanent position, but you must be willing to work in either our Vancouver or San Mateo office. This role is not suitable for remote employees.
- Join the level creation team in a lead capacity to shape the vision, build, and own the dynamic regions of our game.
- Work with game design to prototype and build gameplay-centric exploration levels.
- Work with the Art Director and art team to conceive, visualize, and execute on environments that fit within the game’s style.
- Build individual art assets, from foliage to structures, in the game’s art style based on concept art.
- Help to build, and subsequently lead, 4-6 direct reports from the Environment Art team.
- Minimum 5 years level art experience.
- Experience leading and managing an environment-focused art team.
- Proficient with modern level creation best practices.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic levels and 3D assets.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Team oriented & collaborative approach to how you work.
- Familiarity with current open world games in the market.
- Experience creating environments in Unreal Engine 4.
- Passionate about Action RPG games.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->