Lead Environment Artist - Studio Elevation (Remote within the UK)
21 days ago
Elevation is re-establishing the boundaries of VR.
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Environment Artist to help us explore, create, and deliver world-leading innovation in software and VR hardware. As one of the core members of the Elevation team, you will be pathfinding a remote first studio crafting a new generation of VR development and bringing quality VR games to fruition.
- Creating realistic, awe-inspiring Environments that will be cutting-edge of VR space.
- Balance, tinker and playtest your work to optimize the overall game experience.
- Communicate and align across disciplines to deliver assets and Environments that fulfil gameplay requirements.
- To help mentor and support the junior, mid-level/senior artists in the team.
- Performance and accountability – a commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard to time and budget.
- Communication and relationships – the ability to work collaboratively with the wider team at Elevation, the ability to develop visual ideas and to react positively to constructive feedback and the ability to critique other people's work constructively.
- A strong set of core skills - including composition, great attention to detail and the ability to employ a clear creative process from reference, concept and development to the final style, finishes and execution.
- Demonstrate versatility, showing an aptitude to tackle a wide range of subject matters from stylized to realistic.
- A degree or equivalent qualification and at least 4+ years experience in real-time game development.
- Experience working within a team.
- An aptitude for new software, tools and technology, including a good knowledge of
- Maya/Blender and Unreal Engine, as well as ZBrush and Substance.
- An aptitude to apply yourself to new technologies.
- Demonstrable 3D skills showing a strong understanding of technical console limitations and capabilities, and PBR pipeline.
Who are we?
nDreams Studio Elevation is bringing the evolution of VR development to core gamers.
We are a remote-first studio seeded by the creative talent that brought you the innovative, genre-defining, award-winning Synapse, as well as Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord, Fracked and Phantom: Covert Ops.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help pave the way forward with fresh innovation for the next generation of VR hardware and software.
Why nDreams Elevation?
This is the opportunity to build upon an already proven, world-class foundation of VR expertise, to further shape and mould a new way of working, that continues to deliver and innovate for the next generation of core VR games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We are a remote-first studio, with all the perks that come with it. Work from anywhere to help us push the boundaries of VR, with cutting-edge technology and the support of our established VR expertise from the wider nDreams group.
Rapidly growing to support a variety of genres, nDreams is one of the world’s leading developers/publishers focused on VR games, creating multiple studios dedicated to making the best games out there.