Join the award-wining team that created God of War
As the Lead Engine/Pipeline Programmer, you will be primarily responsible for driving the development of our core engine technology and asset pipeline all the way through to the runtime. You’ll collaborate with leads and directors to define the future of our workflows and content pipelines and to develop plans to get us there. You’ll guide and mentor an amazing team of engineers to build great systems that empower people to build great games.
You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
- Lead and manage team-wide efforts on our low-level engine systems, workflows, and tools
- Help direct development of our build and deployment systems, which manage large amounts of data with a focus on high iteration and live editing workflows
- Be responsible for overall performance and memory budgets
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Exhibit pragmatic iterative development to shape the course of existing technology, keeping long- term goals in mind
- Collaborate with engineers to find robust methods of implementing systems
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members and drive cross-departmental initiatives
- Collaborate in making plans and driving them to timely completion
- Partner with leads and studio directors to align technical plans and project goals
- Achieve high-quality results through team performance
- Provide direction tempered by project and long-term risk
- Mentor, guide, and lead programmers of all experience levels; instill best practices and challenge people to grow
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code as needed
- Profile and optimize software systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Expertise in C/C++ required, Python / PySide and MEL desirable
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Extensive knowledge of 3D authoring packages (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max) and CG
- Motivated to work across disciplines, with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.