8 months ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops, publishes and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
Intercept Games is a development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2. We have a deep passion for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of.
We are searching for a lead designer to work alongside the creative director and a small team of designers. The lead will shepherd the game's vision, narrative, and mechanics. We are looking for a meticulous and versatile designer with proven collaboration skills and experience working in established IPs. They are comfortable looking at the project in a holistic manner and can guide disparate parts into an engaging whole.
What You’ll Take On
- Collaborate and lead a team in driving a combined vision across narrative, mechanics, and content.
- Determine and drive the intersection between simulation and fun.
- KSP allows players to explore real-world rocketry and space travel in a fun-spirited manner. Mentor and grow designers, so they can confidently deliver systems and content.
What You Bring
- The lead designer has at least 6 years’ experience in a game design role with some experience as a lead.
- Successfully shipped a title as a designer.
- A positive and self-driven attitude, and they are excited to collaborate in a complementary team.
- Excellent storytelling instincts and are skilled in storytelling through gameplay.
- Enable players to be able to write their own tales through the game experience.
- A strong written and verbal communicator.
- Clearly and concisely define, inform, and advocate within their own team and to the project at large.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.