Lead Character Artist
Mumbai MH in
17 days ago
About the Organisation:
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai where we stand 1000+ strong today in strength! If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com. Twitter : http://twitter.com/ubisoft Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ubisoft
Job Title: Lead Character Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
- Lead a team of internal and external 3D artists.
- Collaborate with Art Director, designers, engineers and producers to balance creative vision with production realities.
- Work with PBR pipeline and advance game engines tools
- Create High quality, 3D assets, UV maps, texture and other content considering Technical and Artistic requirement
- Intake outsourced assets and ensure that they are game tech and design compliant.
- Build strong collaboration with outsourcing and other external studio.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the art team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- College Diploma/Degree in graphic design, 3D, video game development or equivalent training.
- 8 years’ games industry experience with industry 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush, with minimum of 1 to 2 years of Lead level experience.
- Experience of efficiently leading and building strong artist team
- Experience working on published AAA games a strong advantage.
- Expert knowledge of 3DSMax, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Strong modeling and texturing skills.
- Familiarity with game development cycle.
- Good understanding of architecture as well as Human anatomy
- Knowledge of Python, MEL, MAX Script or a programming language (C++, C# etc.) an asset
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
Note: Applications without portfolio, will not be considered for this position.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.