28 days ago
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny & cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS & Android, that are played & loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
In 2017, we became part of the Take Two Interactive Family, that has legendary labels & studios such as Rockstar or 2K (GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock, NBA, X-Com...) & we have been expanding our activities ever since, as well as creating exciting new opportunities for super talented people to work with us!
Join the challenge & help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
We're looking for software engineers that will work on services for games that are played & loved by several million users every day, all over the world. Those services must scale-out to serve high users traffic every day and must be developed with the highest quality this competitive industry requires. We expect from our developers to keep our tech state-of-the-art and, at the same time, come up with great new ideas.
What will you do at Socialpoint?
- Our backend applications are developed using several technologies & programming languages (PHP, Golang, Ruby, AWS EC2, Kubernetes, etc…), so you should be eager to work with our legacy code, extend, maintain & continuously refactor the backend of our games.
- Your job is not only about writing code. You will also have to work with other roles like mobile developers, data analysts and systems engineers to integrate your components, as well as write technical designs, documentation, knowledge share and train other team members.
- As a backend engineer, you will also be part of our games team and work closely with game design, player experience, mobile, and other departments. You will be integrated with business decisions as part of our technology strategy.
This is you
- +3 years of experience as a Backends Engineer
- Proactive team player that is ready to work with diverse roles and people
- Strong background in programming languages like PHP and Golang
- Excellent strategic decision-making skills and a strong sense of responsibility/ownership
- Prefer maintainable code over overengineering
- Able to design, implement and maintain code in complex systems on your own
- Able to manage infrastructure and understand what happens behind your code
- Able to explain complex problems to both technical and non-technical people
- Able to understand and tune application scalability, performance, and reliability
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with , along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave plus the Christmas week, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case!
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here)
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet)
- Monthly meal allowance
- Yearly parent pack
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
If you choose to work in the office some days, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist .
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation… It’s a trick question anyway – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.