This job might no longer be available.
Lead Audio System Firmware Engineer
Plantation, FL or Sunnyvale, CA
9 months ago
You will join a stimulating, fast-paced environment to assume leading responsibility in the design and implementation of an embedded audio processing algorithm architecture for Magic Leap’s next-generation mobile computing platform.
- Provide technical and project leadership within a team responsible for the design and deployment of a complex embedded audio subsystem under strict schedule and power constraints.
- Create clear and thorough requirements and specification documentation for internal and cross-functional reference.
- Lead the implementation, integration and optimization of platform-specific audio algorithm firmware functions.
- Cross-functional liaison with hardware design, software architecture and business development teams. Technical evaluation and integration of 3rd-party technologies.
- Extensive experience (minimum 7 years) in designing, implementing and validating advanced audio signal processing firmware systems for consumer devices.
- Familiarity with innovative audio signal processing technology, including spatial audio rendering, transducer fidelity enhancement, microphone array and speech signal enhancement.
- Experience designing, coding and porting complex embedded audio software in C and C++.
- Working knowledge of audio, acoustics, and psychoacoustics.
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques.
- Experience with hardware and software, wired and wireless, digital audio interfaces and related functions in mobile and/or wearable consumer devices.
- Experience with team and project coordination, including Agile methodology, task scheduling, requirement and milestone tracking.
- Understanding of RTOS and mobile hardware. Knowledge of data storage, caching, performance, memory, reliability optimization strategies.
- Experience with software/firmware requirements analysis and development as an individual contributor.
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Experience with technical publication and patent application/prosecution.
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.