Lead Audio Designer [Avatar Project]
3 months ago
As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand-in-hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Lead Audio designer at Massvie; you'll get to mentor, manage and support an experienced team of AAA Sound, Music and Voice Designers, delivering on our games creative vision. You'll champion Audio Design, collaborate with multidisciplined developers and use industry leading tech like our in-house Snowdrop game engine.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Leading our in-house Audio team, both in the craft of Audio design and with their people management;
- Supporting our Audio Director in establishing and communicating the vision effectively within our team;
- Designing the workload, task distribution, and resource plans in close collaboration with Production stakeholders;
- Channeling communication in and out of the Audio team with the wider dev team and relevant stakeholders;
- Developing and maintaining the audio backlog and roadmap;
- Supporting the team in designing, documenting and implementing technical solutions to reach quality targets and keep the build optimized at all phases of the game development process;
- Reviewing the build and providing guidance, feedback and coaching
- Adding technical reviews in Wwise and Snowdrop (our in-house Game Engine)
- Ensuring audio documentation is continual updated;
- Encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing.
You are a curious, quality-conscious and results-oriented Lead, dedicated to the craft of Audio Design. Your experience within large productions and from leading audio experts allows you to solve problems on the job and organize an effective workflow. You have excellent communication skills in English (our company language) and your emphatic nature enables you to easily relate, understand and collaborate with your peers.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant showreel of your audio work is required (portfolio tips);
- Extensive experience in the industry, with at least 2 complete dev-cycles of major shipped titles (Ideally AAA), and at least one in a Lead role;
- Solid experience with game engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc.);
- A relevant degree in a Music/Audio field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Experience with recording (both studio and field recording techniques), signal flow, processing, and mixing;
- Expert Wwise knowledge, audio post process plugins mastering, performance optimization knowledge;
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools;
- Experience creating and mixing 7.1, 5.1, and Atmos surround contents for games and linear media;
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation on console platforms/PC, and the ability to accurately predict a tasks duration and understand the related dependencies.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.