13 days ago
“Let’s build the future of Cross-Reality.” Statements like that are what excite and motivate us here. If you’re interested in working alongside passionate game developers that are driving towards the next evolution of immersive gaming, then you should join us. Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies is looking for a talented, motivated, and experienced Lead Artist to create and manage art development on next-generation cross platform projects.
The Lead Artist's primary responsibility is to manage production artists in order to maintain the vision and quality bar set by the Game director and art director. The Lead Artist is also responsible for helping to advance and drive art styles as well as working with tech artists and programmers to establish technical guidelines. The lead artist is expected to be organized, with excellent communication, analytical, written, oral, and planning skills, as well as have practical experience in managing and directing game art departments. The Lead artist manages the practical aspects of the art team such as art processes, tools integration, game asset budgets, task descriptions, and scheduling. They also work together with the lead programmer technical Art Director and game producer to identify risk in production pipelines.
- Ensure that all assets created by the art team and outsource studios conform to the style and technical guidelines.
- Establish a standard level of quality for asset creation while enforcing efficiency of polygon and texture usage.
- Ensure the art teams remain on track with scope, design goals, marketing, and other business requirements throughout production.
- Participate in and run meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and outsourcing studios.
- Work closely with the production team to create schedules for the art department and outsourcing studios.
- Supervise the creation of outsource requests going out and review outsourced materials when they are delivered.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
- Research and drive the implementation of new technology and workflows to improve art pipelines and elevate the art team’s knowledge base.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create and deliver high quality art assets in support of the game.
- Participate in the hiring of new artists.
- Inspire and mentor art teams, helping to forge a consistent high-quality bar for Survios products.
- Work together with management to ensure a healthy and stimulating environment for artists, providing opportunities for individual growth and learning.
- 10+ years as a professional artist or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of art management experience.
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced art teams.
- Experience creating a broad range of art styles in both 2D and 3D.
- knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including, 3D modeling, shaders, lighting, and composition.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, Maya, Z-Brush, and Substance designer, with a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Have a strong understanding and background in UI design, flow, and usability.
- Have a passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
- Able to collaborate closely with others and be an inclusive decision-maker.
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude.
- A deep passion for video games.
- Experience with VR game dev.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with gameplay as well as cutscene animation pipelines.
- Experience with managing outsourced pipelines.
- Loves dogs.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.