Mumbai MH in
16 days ago
About the Organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune & Mumbai !
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title: Lead Animator
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Manage a team of Animators and support creation of high quality 3D animations for the game, including human body and facial animation, animal character animation and environment animation.
- Contribute to the set-up and maintenance of the animation pipeline.
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to design and build custom rigs and skeletons
- Work with Art Directors and Lead Artists to understand the high quality objectives and ensure animation style consistency across the game.
- Animate and perform motion editing within complex animation systems including integration and refinement of Mocap data, ensuring technical constraints are met.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and meet production deadlines.
- Support production in planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Verify in-game animation quality with the Art Director and adapt according to feedback.
- Able to work closely with designers, programmers and technical experts to define complex animation systems.
- Act as mentor for more junior animators.
- At least 8 years’ experience as an animator within the Video games industry, with published games on console, preferably AAA.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Excellent skills in key frame animation and strong experience working with mocap.
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Motion builder
- Understanding of the character and animation pipeline including rigging and integration.
- Up to date knowledge of current animation techniques and development processes.
- Good knowledge of human and animal anatomy and movement, body language and the mechanics of expression of emotion.
- Good understanding of gameplay systems, state machines and blend spaces.
- Good understanding of Unity.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and MaxScript is an asset.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Excellent self-organization skills.
- Able to work to deadlines under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an open team environment.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to bringing fresh ideas to the team and the game.
- A passion for gaming and for making games, playing current titles and keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Excellent work ethic with diligence in time keeping and focused attention to detail.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.