This job might no longer be available.
Lead 3D Artist
19 days ago
New York City NY, Vancouver BC, or Remote
About Pahdo Labs
Pahdo Labs is making Halcyon Dive, a cooperative multiplayer action rogue-lite set in an anime inspired world. In Halcyon, Divers travel between the lush, cutting edge Nishi Island Metropolis (NIM) and the virtual world of So Mi in pursuit of riches and stardom.
We are a 25-person team located in New York City, Vancouver BC, and across the world. Our team uniquely combines industry veterans from Riot Games, Capcom, and Electronic Arts and technologists from Google, Meta, and Robinhood.
We have raised over $17.5M in seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz , Pear VC , BoxGroup , and Neo , as well as Zynga founder Mark Pincus , King founder Riccardo Zacconi , Eventbrite founder Kevin Hartz , and Cyan Banister.
As a Lead 3D Artist for Pahdo Labs, you will responsible for 3D character and creature art for an anime-inspired Action RPG. You will lead the 3D character discipline and act as a primary individual contributor for 3D art. You will report to the Art Director.
- Work with the Art Director to translate the high-level art direction into in-game 3D art for an anime-style isometric action game.
- Create 3D visual assets directly, and occasionally manage outsourcers.
- Own the character, creature, and NPC production schedule, and develop a highly efficient system for producing 3D art.
- Execute on an anime-style visual target.
- Uphold Pahdo culture and values; be a leader and role model
- Past experience with Unity, and deep experience with at least one major engine
- Expertise in Maya or Blender, while delivering final outputs in Maya
- Expertise hand painting textures using applications like 3D Coat
- Credit on at least one shipped commercial game project from start to finish
Experienced playing Hades, MapleStory, Monster Hunter, Genshin Impact, Fate/Grand Order and similar titles
- Extensive knowledge of and experience playing games and consuming anime/manga, new and old, across a variety of genres
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We are open to a range of experience and working arrangements for this position and will offer commensurate compensation.
- Base Salary Ranges:
- Full-Time in New York, NY:
- Full-Time in Vancouver, BC:
- Other geographic markets:
- Flexible paid time off with a 2-week vacation minimum.
- 100% employer-paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for the employee and 50%-paid for dependents, 401(k) plan.