High Voltage is searching for a highly skilled Layout Artist with a strong cinematic eye. The person will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. Working with the directorial team, the Layout Artist takes scripts and storyboards and creates compelling shots and moments with appropriate use of composition, camera movement, lenses, audio script and rough animation.
- Design, stage, and create shots and cinematic moments in Unreal Engine from scripts and/or storyboards, using cinematic language to tell a story.
- Work with Art and Design teams to achieve project goals, communicate problems, and provide solutions.
- Create high-quality cinematic sequences focused on storytelling and cinematography.
- Block out rough sequences that will require the animation of characters, props, VO arrangement and cameras.
- Use motion blur, depth of field, and other effects to simulate real cameras in Unreal Engine.
- Understand cinematic language and camera terminology.
- Work with directors and teams of artists to create shots and cinematic game moments on extremely tight timelines.
- Asset export and implementation into Unreal Engine.
- Test and verify your work on target hardware.
- Links to portfolio (required)
- Resume (required)
- Possess a strong sense of composition and color, with an intuitive
understanding of the line of action.
Good instincts for of animation timing.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Autodesk Maya, and the UE Sequencer tool.
- Knowledge of real world cameras, and an intuitive understanding of focal length and depth of field.
- Hands on experience with still photography or film.
- Shipped game title experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to take critique and art direction.
- Passion for video games.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
- Experience using MotionBuilder.
- Cinematography or and some level of directorial experience.
- Experience using visual scripting.
Three (3) years of experience creating animation in the video games industry
To qualify, you must submit a resume, have shipped game titles or equivalent production development, and submit a portfolio demonstrating your abilities.
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located in either our offices in Hoffman Estates, IL or New Orleans, LA.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.