Layout Artist - Contract
13 days ago
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a contract Layout Artist to become a part of our ever-growing team! The ideal candidate has professional experience as a Cinematographer, and would be excited to work in animation. You will effectively lead teams and projects through production using excellent leadership skills, collaboration, a strong creative voice, a vast knowledge of cinematography, and organization.
*In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home*
- Assembling the components of a shot/sequence
- Establish character blocking, initial camera positioning, and movement
- Refining the final camera and composition of shots
- Takes direction and feedback appropriately
- Submits shots for review and works with the Layout Supervisor and Director to tell stories visually
- Proactively communicate problems and issues early on and provide solutions when possible
- Works with the Layout Coordinator and Lead to ensure shot fidelity, asset accuracy, and pipe compatibility.
- Upon request, completes camera pass tasks
- Be generally awesome and among the greatest individuals in the universe
- 2+ years working in a production environment
- In-depth proficiency with Autodesk Maya, Adobe Premiere, Storyboard Pro.
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
- Work well within a team
- Resume and Demo Reel
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com