Korean Lead Linguist
2 days ago
A world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise and agility
To serve our partners by enhancing the experience of gamers across the world through our passionate and expert team
Quality, Passion, Agility, Customer Intimacy, Teamwork
Universally Speaking (US) are a world-class partner to the games industry – it's on US to make sure the game is ready for release. Our customers trust US to make sure that their amazing Indie or AAA games are perfect before they are made available to gamers. It’s a big responsibility.
As lead linguist you will work primarily on a newly acquired project, own the quality of your language and set clear quality expectations within the team of freelancers. You will be the go-to person for any linguistic queries from the freelancers and communicate any queries that require clarification with the client. You will ensure that the team is fully trained on client specific reference material and that the work is performed to a high standard.
As lead linguist you will also establish and maintain a strong collaborative working relationship with the client’s language gatekeepers. Always maintaining confidentiality, identifying and flagging any issues that require management escalation.
The job is remote, with occasional site visits to US office and Manchester.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quality control
- Translate and review game content
- Be in charge of terminology management
- Responsible for updating glossaries and style guides as per client’s preference
- Coordinate/lead a team of external translators/reviewers on linguistic matters
- Participate in client meetings (online and onsite)
- Fluency in Korean to native level
- Minimum three years’ experience
- Experience in games translation and proofreading (ideally in space and combat)
- Positive team player
- Strong organisation skills and able to manage time effectively
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Extensive knowledge of CAT tools (e.g. memoQ)
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to remain professional at all time
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail
- Bachelor university degree, in a linguistic related area
- Games industry experience
- Thorough understanding of translation and review process
- Audio localisation experience (voice over, dubbing and subtitling)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Lunch and Learns
- Social events and celebrations
- Wellbeing Portal
- Perks and Discounts