This job might no longer be available.
Junior Video Designer
1 month ago
Who we are:
PikPok is New Zealand’s oldest and largest video game developer and publisher. We established our Medellín location by acquiring Wizard Fun Factory, one of the oldest studios in the city. We strive to successfully provide rich game experiences, crafted by talented teams who are curious, take ownership, and collaborate well. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive workplace that enables our teams to make games which will be enjoyed worldwide across mobile, desktop, and console.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a talented Video Designer to work across some of our most successful titles and creative properties.
You’ll be acquainted with Adobe Premiere and have excellent skills in After Effects. You have to be able to work across a wide range of styles and be able to jump quickly from one project to another. You’ll need to be fast, flexible, and reliable - able to deliver video creative for everything from small requests to contributing toward product launches, marketing efforts, and ongoing advertising campaigns. You’ll need to be a confident, enthusiastic communicator - someone who embraces experimentation, iteration, and collaboration as a means to achieve the very best results.
The Video Designer’s responsibilities include:
- Contributing directly to the development and production of any material requiring video design services.
- Game advertising material. Working directly with and delivering on briefs set by our user acquisition team, often involving capturing, manipulating, and editing game footage as well as creating bespoke working material in-engine as required.
- Helping to create game trailers, app previews, and other direct promotional video material in collaboration with our publishing team and under the guidance and direction of the Cinematic Director.
- Creating community video material and miscellaneous creative such as recruitment videos, studio showreels, and so on.
What we’re looking for:
- Developed skills in video design and production, editing and motion graphics.
- A keen eye for motion and animation, pacing, graphic design and visual storytelling.
- Some experience with photography and videography, with relevant skills in related areas such as lighting and composition.
- The ability to work effectively across a wide range of styles.
- A strong ability to think and work conceptually, and develop ideas into well-considered solutions.
- Some experience in a professional (preferably studio) environment – games, film, television or other relevant area or creative industry.
- A tertiary level design qualification with a relevant focus or major.
- Strong competency with Adobe CC and/or other professional-grade graphics, editing and effects packages.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace.
- Some working knowledge of contemporary game engines (preferably Unity) or have the interest and curiosity to learn it.
- Some working knowledge of 3D software (preferably Maya or blender).
- Proven workflow, task management and scheduling skills.
- A developed understanding of (and appreciation for) games as a creative medium.
- The capacity to work effectively under pressure and to efficiently manage deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and strong sense of initiative.
- A strong aptitude for developing new skills, and expanding one’s creative knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and meet the aforementioned requirements, please send us your CV and portfolio /show reel. When applying, please provide a clickable link. If group work is included, be sure to provide a detailed and accurate breakdown of your own contributions.
We hope to meet you soon!
Hybrid work. PikPok has a flexible approach to splitting your time between working in the office and working from home.
One-time home buyer bonus.
Staff referral recruitment bonus.
Partial rebate on mobile phone and tablet upgrades.
Monthly self-directed Lab Days, annual game jams, and a variety of training and learning opportunities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.