Junior UI Programmer
18 days ago
Junior UI Programmer
Help to create ground-breaking User Interface Our UI programmers get the unique opportunity to develop exceptional and groundbreaking User Interface, unlike any other game – with 3D holograms and in-world screens that are networked and visible to all players. You will help to create UI systems and tools to visualise complex gameplay and support player interaction the dynamic open world of Star Citizen.
You will work with our designers and senior programmers to create UI systems for a range of vital areas such as real-time maps and navigation, vehicle HUDs, weapon screens and transit networks.
Don’t just take our word for it – check out some of our programmers discussing it here -
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out -
What does a Junior UI Programmer at Cloud Imperium Games do?
- Work closely with other programmers, designers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling User Interface
- Assist in implementing functional and elegant UI features from design concepts
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay
- Supporting our growth culture and advocating knowledge sharing
What do we expect from our Junior UI Programmers?
- Familiarity and demonstrable passion for UI
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and ways of working
- Familiarity with common user interface concepts like layout, text, event-driven programming, and control widgets
- Good knowledge of 3D engine concepts
- Ability to work well in a co-located yet collaborative team environment
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several UI Programmers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our User Interface team sounds like your perfect fit, please apply immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.