Junior Games Artist - Hypercasual Mobile Games
2 months ago
Job Title - Junior Game Artist- Hypercasual Mobile Games
Reports Into - Senior Game Artist
Location - India / Hybrid
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Junior Games Artist you’ll be creating eye-catching art for our mobile games.
Your Team Mates
With the stroke of their brushes, our game art teams bring vibrance and colours to the lights and clockwork of our Kwalee games. As creative doers, they not only offer look and feel, but they also use time and business constraints to solve aesthetical challenges unsolvable by clever design.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Taking responsibility for the art on multiple small mobile game projects
- Creating 2D/3D art assets and integrating them in Unity
- Participating in art reviews and being receptive to feedback and art direction
- Troubleshooting any art issues from a creative and technical standpoint.
Your Hard Skills
- Solid understanding of art and design fundamentals
- Good all rounder - ability to create game ready art assets in 2D as well as 3D, and can demonstrate it in a portfolio of work.
- A creative ‘indie’ mindset - you have the ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques and a willingness to dip your toes into a number of disciplines (UI/VFX/Animation etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas
- You’re a team player with a desire to help juniors and teach them the tricks of the trade
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.