About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2023, OWI has nearly 120 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into serving as a publisher supporting mods and have just announced our upcoming title "Starship Troopers: Extermination", a 12-player PvE first-person shooter based on the 1997 cult-classic film.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Junior Gameplay Programmer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Being an Unreal Engine 4 C++ gameplay programmer for online multiplayer title.
- Work with designers to implement gameplay experiences
- Write performance-first code
- Work with fellow engineers in order to solve problems.
- Diagnose and address bugs and issues with gameplay code
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX]
- Experience using C++
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine Networking Stack
- Comfortable working independently
- Experience with debugging and automated testing
- AI experience and profiling experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with Unreal Engine is considered a plus
- English is required
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume .
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.