19 days ago
A bit about the role
We’re looking for a dedicated and curious Junior Engineer to join our mobile team. At Immutable, we are building a technical and automation focused testing department. All our team members are involved in planning, validating and supporting new features for Gods Unchained and Immutable X. You would write tests, read code and participate in code review if needed.
As a part of the QA Engineering team, you will develop testing strategies and measurements of quality, validate the product with manual and automated testing, work as a connection between developers and end-users to ensure we are solving the right problems with correct tools.
You will work with a game squad to identify potential risks in new features for Gods Unchained and develop plans to avoid them in the future with automation tools, customer support systems or overall process improvements. You will have an opportunity to creatively explore the product and get creative and technical input into developing new features of the game.
Immutable uses cutting edge technologies like blockchain and various web development technologies like Cypress or Jest that you are not usually exposed to in game development. As a Junior Engineer, you will get a chance to learn and be mentored by experienced industry professionals and grow your technical skills.
Here’s how you’ll contribute:
- Work with our gaming team to plan, develop, test and release new features
- Develop automation plans for regression and existing features validation
- Write automated tests for the newly developed features, support the existing test framework
- Propose tools and frameworks best suited to solve testing problems
- Work with end users to gather and prioritize the issues for future development
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through status and resolution
- Review features for conformity to design and assess readiness of release candidates
- Work with the cutting edge technologies like blockchain
- Help QA Engineering team to make manual testing a thing of a past
A bit about you:
- Basic programming experience: you have an ability to write and read code with any programming language (C# or JS preferably)
- Basic command line tool experience: you know how to navigate and run commands from command line
- Technical mindset: you have an interest in programming, basic object-oriented programming knowledge and an awareness of latest programming tools and trends (GIT or any other version control systems)
- Testing experience: you have knowledge of basics terms and processes, preferably game testing or playtesting
- Desire to grow: you want to develop your technical skills and need the right company to support your growth
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- A basic knowledge of JS
- Experience in an agile environment
- Experience with the unity game engine or playtesting
- An interest in games
Some of the things we can offer you
- Career growth, you can grow into a developer role, release manager role or CS manager role with mentoring from Chapter Lead and Squad Leads
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
- Regular, fun social events where we can relax and connect with our teammates
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, Udemy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 counselling service for you and your family
$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that games can and should provide more than just entertainment value for the time and money invested.
Immutable is a leader at the nexus of blockchain technology and gaming, creating truly open digital economies that open up a new world of possibilities for gamers and developers alike. Through our flagship game Gods Unchained, we’re showcasing what this new frontier looks like. With our platform Immutable X, we’re providing the means for developers to build badass games on the Immutable platform, leveraging the expertise and technology process we’ve acquired.