This job might no longer be available.
Junior Character Artist
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
15 days ago
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
See what press are saying about our new project:
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead Environment Artist, Art Director and Art Manager to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered .
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Lead Character Artist
What will you do?
- Help out in all areas of 3D Character Creation
- Create Characters that are on style and budget to our reference artwork
- Deliver content on schedule, and within technical limitations
- Assist in Outsource artwork with our Outsource partners
- Be a part of creating our unique cast of characters for our next big IP!
What are we looking for?
- Outstanding portfolio that shows a variety of Character Art pieces – including both stylized, and realistic designs
- Full understanding of the Character creation process – Modelling/ Sculpting / UVs / Texturing/ Materials/ Engine setup & PBR techniques
- Experience in industry standard software (Maya/ 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, U nreal Engine 4 etc. )
- Well-organised, self motivated and proactive, with a passion to learn and push themselves as a Character Artist
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
What additional skills will help you out?
- Understanding of anatomy
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept with this discipline
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in a team and/ or collaborative environment producing games/ artwork
- Passion for games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!