Software Engineering Intern (Business Intelligence)
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Junior Software Engineering Intern
Aliso Viejo, CA
- Programming software features that support analytical and machine learning teams
- Building stream processing applications in a big data environment using Spark
- Developing and deploying containerized microservices across distributed systems
- Maintain and remedy defects in existing microservices
- Actively pursuing a BA/BS degree or MBA from an accredited institution.
- A deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming (functional programming is a plus).
- Familiarity with software development tooling (e.g. Git, IDEs)
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Good work ethic coupled with a real passion for this field.
- Strong beliefs loosely held.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.