Jr 3D Artist (Implementation) - Arena
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
13 days ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
What is this role all about
We are looking an experienced Jr 3D Artist (Implementation) in support of new development and updates for Arena. Utilizing traditional art training and knowledge of illustration, graphic design, and computer graphics software, this artist works in multiple areas of game development, capable of evaluating inbound content from partner groups, but is also able to generate new content directly as the need arises.
Day to Day Experience
- Create and Implement art based on printed cards to match the established art style
- Expertise with 3D and 2D software suites (Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, etc)
- Integrate and follow through finished assets directly into Unity
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to deliver a magical experience
- Working along the rest of art team and tech artists, achieve the best quality and visual excellence for Arena’s digital content
- Identify and communicate bugs and process issues, risks, and work streams to all parties
- Follow the schedule and pipeline as established by the production team
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of experience in 3D game art production or equivalent
- Good understanding of art fundamentals; lighting, color, form, 3D shapes
- Experience with game production tools (Unity, Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication, able to give and receive clear feedback
- Self-motivated and excellent time management
- Familiar with low poly modeling and mobile optimization
- Preference towards those with familiarity to Magic: the Gathering
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Experience improving artist pipeline and implementation tools and features
- Developing documentation, style guides and tools
- Proficiency in 3D art techniques such as VFX and animation
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.