It Support Analyst
5 days ago
Your main mission
The IT Support Analyst offers support for all applications within the Collaboration & Communication services to all internal users. You will be responsible for the tracking of incidents and the follow-up of user requests.
What you’ll do
- Provide first & second level support for Collaboration & Communication products: identify, research, troubleshoot and resolve functional & technical issues
- Respond to users’ requests via Service Now ticketing app, emails, and phone calls: gather information related to incidents or issues, then determines the root cause of the problem and devise solutions to resolve the user’s issue.
- Document, dispatch and escalate complex issues or problems to 3rd level support
- Analyze software, hardware and business processes.
- Create documentations and how-to articles in Service Now Knowledge Base, Jira, Confluence or SharePoint online.
- Maintain detailed records of user issues and use these notes to diagnose and repair complex problems.
- May examine records of a user’s history problems and offer suggestions to the Product Team to prevent future issues.
- Provide assistance in developing training material and provide regular information regarding system and business changes.
- Maintains documents containing procedures and best practices.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Customer service background and exposure in a multi-national company
- Excellent customer service, organizational skills & ability to quickly establish good working relationships with clients
- Experience with Microsoft 365 & Agile methodology is a plus
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
What You'll Bring As a Colleague
- Excellent communication and writing skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make complex information accessible.
- Ability to make decisions autonomous based on the information available.
- Work independently with minimal supervision to meet performance metrics.
- Train and mentor junior colleagues and give backup support to team members.
- Excellent command of English.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’ steam members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.