Internship, User Research [Consumer Experience]
Malmö Skåne County se
1 month ago
Consumer Experience, also known as CX, is a player’s holistic perception of their experience with our game. Massive Entertainment's CX-Department is made up of User Researchers, Community Developers, Data Scientists, Content Creators and Project Managers whose ultimate goal is to put the player-first and empower our game development teams with player insights.
As a User Research (UR) Intern you’ll primarily collaborate with our User Researchers to set-up, run (moderate) and consolidate user testing studies. Your efforts will directly impact updates to our Live games and future productions.
This is an unpaid internship based in Malmö Sweden and requires your presence onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/ cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the opportunity is posted.
- Moderating user testing studies and collecting feedback based on development team needs;
- Screening participants to find the right consumer profile;
- Compiling collected data and feedback for report;
- Setting up our Lab;
- Assisting with various ad-hoc tasks (e.g. bench-marking other games) which will ultimately provide important insights to our game developers.
You have an enthusiastic, inviting personality and are able to tackle problems head-on. You have an easy time connecting with people, making them feel at ease and you have full fluency in English (our company language). You strive to learn and improve whilst being proactive and autonomous. You’re passionate about games, user research and most importantly, people.
- Eligible for internship (see below);
- Currently studying Behavioral Sciences, Market Research, UR, UX, Game Design, a similar relevant field and/or equivalent practical experience;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel and Power Point);
- Passion for games and the gaming-industry.
We are open to applications from students enrolled in a study program/school that we have a collaboration with. We accept applications from students all over the world, with the requirement that you are insured by your school, or privately, during the entire internship/thesis work. If we don’t we have a collaboration with your school, please put us in-touch with your program manager.
We cannot take on students for a period of less than two-months, students who attend high school or are under the age of 18.
What should I have in mind when applying for an internship?
- CV – Include the focus of your education and the name your school/university, as well as when you’re graduating.
- Cover letter – State the dates for your internship (start/end), as well as your preferred area of focus during your internship.
- Credentials/grades – Include portfolio or other work samples depending on your area of expertise.
- Insurance – You need to prove that you are insured during the internship (a liability insurance as well as an accident at work insurance).
- Non Disclosure Agreement-setup – We have a strict NDA-setup, so if you are required to report to your school, you are responsible for making sure that the information shared does not compromise our NDA’s before accepting an internship with us.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the selection process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, pleasecheck out the videos posted below for a better understanding of life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.