This job might no longer be available.
Intern - Narrative Design | Writer
1 month ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are creating a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game and are looking for Interns to join us virtually for Fall 2021.
Over the course of 12 weeks, a select group of university and college students will receive the outstanding opportunity to intern with our team. During the fall, Interns will engage with the team and gain relevant field experience through day-to-day training, hands-on projects, exposure to executives, individual development planning and a mentorship program tailored for every individual.
- Dates: September 7-December 3
- Hours: 40hrs per week (some flexibility on schedules)
- This is a paid internship
As a Writing Intern, you will be responsible for helping to work with creative leadership to do early exploration for projects based in our new science fiction universe. We are seeking someone with a talent for creative writing who is passionate about science fiction. You will work with the Creative Director and the Writing team to create an interactive story set in our new universe. Ideal candidates would have experience writing branching dialogue for roleplaying games or visual novels.
What You'll Do
- Clear and concise creative writing skills.
- Fluency with story-driven roleplaying games.
- Experience with branching dialogue tools.
- Willingness to take high-level direction and feedback.
- Passion for and experience with the science-fiction and fantasy genres.
- Strong communication abilities with exceptional written English skill.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently enrolled in and working toward a BS/BA degree or equivalent degree
- A passion for creative writing and science fiction.
- A passion for roleplaying video games.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.