Intern: Data Analytics/Data Science (Summer 2024)
21 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for students who have a passion for data analysis and the insights that data provide to help build an immersive game experience.
This is a paid, fixed term contract position running for 11 weeks from June 2024 to mid-August 2024. This is a full-time position, with the expectation of a 37.5-hour work week. The successful candidate will work in Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. As a R* intern, you will be exposed to multiple disciplines and welcomed into a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We innovate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data products, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Provide strategic insight and predictive modeling on player behavior.
- Deliver reports and analysis projects using player, game, and platform data.
- Achieve well scoped goals based on guidance and support from Leads and team members.
- Experiment with and explore new opportunities for machine learning applications while contributing to existing models & pipelines.
- Collaborate with fellow interns on Research and Development projects.
- This internship is intended for undergraduate students, postgraduate students, or recent graduates who have completed coursework in data science, data analytics, or a related field.
- Exposure to statistical methods, including distributions, predictive modeling, data validation, and hypothesis testing.
- Ability to understand a business problem and translate it into a technical problem.
- Ability to communicate results and present findings to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Exposure to Python or another programming language.
- Curiosity in how to use machine learning and advanced analytical methods to solve problems.
- Great team communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience querying data from a database using SQL (or an equivalent).
- Familiarity with cloud computing and big data technologies.
- Familiarity with Rockstar Products.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.