This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020 , Fast Company’s Best App , and covered in the New York Times ! Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
We’re looking for an Interactive Prototyper to join our Gameplay Innovation team! At Supernatural, we move fast in a rigorous and creative environment. The right candidate will be a builder, communicator, and collaborator who possesses persistence and determination to create beloved experiences. Above all, you must be passionate about making experiences that blow people’s minds.
What you’ll do:
As an Interactive Prototyper, you’ll be responsible for bringing the next revolutionary ideas from thoughts on a whiteboard to something tangible. You’ll be empowered to act boldly and independently as you bring new fitness experiences to life. Partnering directly with leadership, product management, designers, and engineers, you’ll help broaden Supernatural’s portfolio of modalities while continuously finding ways to increase the joy in our existing experiences. If you share our belief that virtual reality can play a major role in making exercise not suck, and you think you can help us create that future, we’d love to meet you!
The impact you’ll make:
- Work on projects that push the boundaries of VR and apply them to make exercise fun, effective, and convenient
- Work with a cross-functional team of creative and technical collaborators to build best-in-class virtual reality experiences
- Lead and participate in brainstorms that expand Supernatural’s core value propositions
- Drive the evolution of your prototypes as you mine for qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Work with engineering partners to facilitate the productization strategy of completed features
- Use your understanding of UI concepts to provide feedback on designs that best accomplish business objectives
- Communicate risks to technical approaches and propose mitigation plans
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You are hardcore about interactive products. You have 4+ years of working experience in designing an interactive product, service, or experience from ideation to implementation.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience with Unity
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to speak the language of game design and game development
- Experience with human-centered design and interaction design principles
- An ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Fluidly prioritize typical job responsibilities along with ad hoc requests
- Develop strong relationships built on mutual respect and a focus on continuous improvement
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on consumer software products at a massive scale
- Expertise in Figma, Jira, and Trello
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.