Insights Analyst III - Global Esports
12 days ago
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, we are doubling down on our investment in esports. We are doing this through our high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom, Reinventing the Watch Experience, and through investing in industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker .
As an Insights Analyst III on the Global Esports team , you will help grow our Esports organization to the next level by building analytical frameworks that allow our teams to develop the outstanding esports products, scale our operational capabilities, and forecast growth and revenue across several existing and upcoming esports. You'll partner with our Esports, Publishing and Product leads throughout the company as well as external partners to improve our understanding of players, fans, and evolving parts of the ecosystem. You will report to the Manager of Global Esports Analytics.
- Own the design and analysis of viewership and fan engagement across our global events and leagues. Work with product owners to turn analysis into insights that refine the fan experience
- Create frameworks using available data and market assumptions to simplify messy problems and help teams design & measure the performance of strategic plans
- Develop dashboards to contextualize information into easily-digestible insights to allow teams to plan their growth, track their progress, and measure their performance
- Develop revenue models to inform teams on new products decisions and implement growth strategies
- Partner with researchers to connect the “what” with the “why”. Deliver greater clarity on fan needs and impacts to drive product improvement
- Work across Riot departments to grow the efficacy of our analytics tools & framework and help inform teams of our player & fan needs
- BA in Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 7+ years of professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- 4+ years of managing multimodal studies and presenting findings to diverse partners/executives
- Proficiency with SQL, Databricks, Tableau or similar data management and visualization tools
- MBA or relevant work experience in strategy consulting
- 4+ years of growth strategy and/or revenue strategy experience
- Knowledge of applied statistics, multimodal analyses (merging research and telemetry data streams)
- Experience with marketing technologies and digital media analytics
- Experience in gaming, sports, or media/entertainment industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.