Indirect Tax Manager
1 month ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Indirect Tax Manager
- Job Summary: Manages indirect tax, which includes sales/use tax, gross receipts, VAT/GST/HST, etc., and other assigned projects.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Ensure timely and accurate tax compliance and reporting obligations across the US, Canada, EU, UK, LATAM, etc., for indirect tax such as sales & use tax, gross receipts, and VAT/GST.
- Provide expertise and oversight of all indirect tax matters for all regions.
- Lead audits and inquiries regarding indirect tax, including managing the relationship with local tax authorities and external advisors.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to provide strategic indirect tax and advice for all business matters, such as business expansion.
- Prepare/review/reconcile indirect tax journal entries accounts to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Support Oracle ERP implementation relating to indirect taxes.
- Review and document process gaps related to the indirect tax function.
- Identify and evaluate issues, efficiencies, and opportunities related to indirect taxes.
- Promote indirect tax awareness and knowledge, including training and liaising with business and tax partners.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Indirect Tax team, including budgeting, training, and development.
- Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues and tax implications.
- Assist with other tax-related projects as needed.
What you’ll bring
- Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of global indirect tax experience at large multinational companies & public accounting firms with a deep knowledge of VAT/GST and proven experience in sales and & use tax and property tax.
- Bachelor's in Accounting or similar field required. Master's in Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience working with sales tax software such as Avalara, Vertex, and Oracle.
- Broad indirect tax background in procurement, supply chain, and customs duties experience is a plus.
- Experience with improving, automating, and implementing tax processes and workflows.
- Excellent research and communication skills.
- Team player who is willing and able to perform tasks at all levels and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and autonomous with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Willingness to take ownership of complex problems and quickly integrate business objectives with tax compliance and strategies.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $112,000.00 - $133,000.00. The full range is $112,000.00 - $168,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.