This job might no longer be available.
Incubation Gameplay Engineer, Combat Systems (mid-to-senior)
11 months ago
Would you like to work on a new IP at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on multiplayer combat and action gameplay? Have you ever had a debate about the intricacies of melee collision response in an online game?
As a Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will build and tune new multiplayer gameplay elements - along with everything that makes a character feel amazing (input, controls, movement, collision, camera) - on a new IP using a wide range of technologies. You’ll work across all aspects of game development to build prototypes for game ideas on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA.
- Efficiently deliver prototype code, production workflows, and tools
- With minimal oversight, design and build new concepts, systems, and multiplayer combat gameplay
- Provide technical guidance to teammates, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build new gameplay experiences
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and ambiguous small team environment with minimal oversight
- Professional experience as an engineer in game development who has built networked real-time action gameplay
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Interest in the competitive gaming landscape
- Eye for games with great controls and responsive feedback
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.