Immigration & Global Mobility Manager
17 days ago
Niantic's People team seeks diverse, exceptional talent in a competitive and growing industry, and ensures that our creative culture keeps employees engaged. The Immigration & Global Mobility Specialist will provide support for Niantic’s immigration and relocation (domestic/international) for new hires and existing employees, compliance, and team projects. You will be the subject matter authority and lead compliance for all US mobility cases including internal/external secondments, immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions, relocation activities and international assignments. This role is crucial to maintain compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing immigration and relocation, and adherence to company policies at all times.
Are you an individual looking for a hands-on role, building and guiding a growing program? We are excited to have someone who will follow company policies and processes to assess, initiate, and track cases. We are looking for someone who is an innovator, who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, and simply put - we need someone hard-working, and inquisitive, who gets things done and is extraordinary to work with.
- Work directly with the leadership team on development, implementation and administration of policies and programs related to expatriates, global immigration and tax, compliance, and US domestic relocations.
- Collaborate with external immigration consultant to research global immigration inquiries and engage in global immigration opportunities to understand risk and maintain compliance standards.
- Own the processing and timelines of all visa petitions and international work permits. Liaise with immigration counsel, employees and partner champions to develop, implement and communicate immigration filing strategies for individual cases.
- Supervise and respond to all applicable inquiries including working with employees regarding collection of time critical documents and data for various aspects of the immigration process (Letters of Support, Public Access Files, PERM activities, compliance posting requirements, etc.).
- Stay up-to-date on foreign national employees’ job changes (locations, duties, compensation changes, terminations) to ensure nonimmigrant work status is in compliance.
- Develop US and international assignment letters of employment, transfer and extension as well as repatriation.
- Build and communicate relocation packages with expatriate employees and serve as primary contact for all pre-departure, post-arrival, assignment counseling and related services/questions.
- Coordinate with external relocation service providers, where appropriate, to ensure outstanding service and seamless relocation of employees and partners.
- Track relocation package disbursement and ensure tax compliance, in partnership with Payroll and Accounting.
- Responsible for reviewing annual expat COLA numbers and adjusting as necessary.
- 5+ years of proven experience with corporate business immigration and/or global mobility.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field, law firm or HR experience and understanding of general HR principles and policies.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a high degree of attention to detail. Experience handling critical matters with tact & subtlety.
- Resourceful, self-starter in a face paced, flexible environment, ability to act multi-task, inventive and meticulous, move quickly, all while maintaining accuracy & data integrity.
- You should have amazing project management & organization skills and excellent program management and vendor management skills.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity, ethical standards, maintaining confidentiality is imperative.
- Must keep informed of federal, state, and local HR, compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure firm compliance.
- 2+ years of corporate relocation management experience.
- Experience working with Workday.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.