This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
Job Title:IT Technician
Activision Central Tech work to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising several teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech are distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/
The IT Technician will be responsible for supporting, managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure for our worldwide teams. Role will be reporting into Activision’s Central Tech group located in Sherman Oaks, CA. It will be essential in this role to have the capability and the willingness to provide support in all IT areas including help desk, asset management, monitoring, data storage and backup. The candidate will need to be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems quickly and efficiently in a studio environment. The candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of teams and users.
● Primary support of our Mobile team and affiliates
● Global desktop support for on-site users in multiple offices as well as remote users
● User account and workstation set up (software and hardware)
● Manage network infrastructure
● Troubleshoot issues and outages
● Server, storage and VM planning, configuration and maintenance
● Ensuring all deployments adhere to GIS compliance and policies
● Provide technical documentation for configurations and procedures
● Thorough understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac environments
Experience managing LDAP (Active Directory) and productivity services (Office 365, Google Workspace)
● Experience with networks and network administration
● 3-5 years’ experience supporting studio game development
● Data Center experience a plus
● Understanding of different storage architectures
● Ability to configure and deploy virtual machines, containers and bare-metal services ● Strong scripting skills
● Experience managing Atlassian applications (Confluence, JIRA)
● Understanding of Perforce administration
● Experience with game development kits
● Excellent communication skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.