IT Systems Technician
16 days ago
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a new IT Systems Technician capable of providing Level II desktop support to our game dev teams and projects. If you are highly skilled in User, Desktop, Hardware, and Software Dev Support, and have a proven track record of contributing to a team environment and managing technical tasks, this could be the perfect role for you.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Orlando, FL.
Level I IT Systems Technician – 75% of Time
- Set up, configuration, and troubleshooting - laptops, mobile devices, phones, and game development kits
- Set up, configuration, and troubleshooting - desktop workstations – mounting monitors & TVs, power & network management, and audio components
- Set up, configuration, and troubleshooting - conferencing equipment
- Break/Fix of systems and hardware
- Work closely with hardware / software vendors to resolve technical issues
- Asset & inventory management
- Create and update technical documentation
- Miscellaneous IT operations tasks
Level II IT Systems Technician – 25% of Time
- Software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- User & development account management
- Troubleshooting and analysis of systems, hardware, and issues.
Qualifications: (If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!)
- Minimum of 2 years IT Service Desk experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in a college/university Computer Science or MIS program
- Additional certifications and training applicable to the Service Desk function desired
- Experience supporting Microsoft Solutions (Windows OS, Office 365, Active Directory, Visual Studio, SCCM)
- Experience supporting game development software (Adobe, Autodesk, Substance)
- Experience using IT ticketing & documentation systems (JIRA, Confluence, Connectwise)
- Experience working directly with customers/end users
- Extensive workstation build, rollout, imaging experience required
- Experience supporting high-end graphic, media, and animation tools
- Experience working with, and escalating to, 2nd and 3rd Level technical support teams
- Familiarity with programming or development is a plus
- Strong writing, communication, documentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An understanding of team dynamics and excellent inter-team communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Team player, positive attitude, and ability to remain cool under pressure
- Willing to assist in areas outside of the department to help the studio
- Must be a problem solver
- Ability to move equipment that may weigh up to 60 pounds
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from one platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.
See why we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!