IT Support Specialist - Contract
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist – (Contract)
Location: San Mateo, CA
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the consistent delivery of outstanding on-site IT support at the San Mateo Headquarter. Additional responsibilities will include working through critical issues, projects, and focus on improving on quality of service.
- Monitor the walk-up experience queuing system to ensure timely support for our walk-up end users.
- Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests at the walk-up desk.
- Ensure timely and accurate escalations for out-of-scope incidents.
- Address high priority issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Provide direct support for Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
- Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
- Ensure proper update to inventory and asset management system.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skill, always exemplify positive outlook, compassion, perseverance, and maintaining customer orientate while tackling technical issues.
- 2+ years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience
- 1-2 years of hands-on Executive Level Support.
- Must have solid experience with Windows 10 and MacOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with supporting mobile devices (iOS and Android) under MDM solution.
- Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (Google Apps, Box, SAP, Okta …etc.).
- Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus …etc.).
- Experience servicing and supporting in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA, Salesforce…etc.)
- Solid understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
- Hardware support experience with laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and network printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when necessary.
- Good sense of urgency, self-motivated, and able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze test results or error logs.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of situations and take appropriate actions or escalate for timely resolution.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to stand for a long duration, move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Microsoft or Apple certifications preferred but not required.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.