This job might no longer be available.
IT Support Desk Technician (Tier 1)
1 month agoCreative Assembly is looking for two passionate and driven IT Support Desk Technicians to join our growing team in Horsham, West Sussex.
As an IT Support Desk Technician, you will be identifying, diagnosing, and resolving technical problems for the Company. Support technicians are the first port of call within our IT team for support incidents and requests. You will be gathering information from staff to allow for quick and efficient resolution to issues with the support of the IT department. Technicians will need to have a customer service mindset, be comfortable talking to staff, diagnosing, and troubleshooting issues, and installing/deploying desktop hardware and software.
In the event of larger problems or changes, you will need to be comfortable discussing with other IT discipline teams and escalating to other support technicians or IT department teams following ITIL processes.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Have a proven track record in providing support utilizing aspects of an ITIL or similar framework
- Proven track record working on multiple sites in a sizable organisation
- Be the initial contact with users on incidents and support requests based on an agreed SLA
- Provide software, hardware and networking troubleshooting and support
- Have basic administration and support of Windows Active Directory and Office 365
- Assist in creating and supporting user accounts, including new starters and leavers
- Provide asset management and purchasing assistance
- Escalate issues to higher tier support, where appropriate
- Create and maintain documentation of the various systems at CA (Internal and Studio facing)
- Work with the Helpdesk Team to move the department forward
- Proactive work attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Approachable and friendly attitude
- Drive to learn new skills and tackle new problems
- Calm under pressure, and flexibility in responding to reactive situations
- Experience with Windows desktop operating systems
- Previous experience in a desktop support role, ideally in game development or similar environment
About Creative Assembly
- Excitement, energy and a positive attitude
- A keen interest in computer hardware and games
- Experience with common game development software (Adobe, Atlassian, Autodesk, Microsoft, Perforce etc.)
- Familiarity with an ITIL support structure and procedure
- SCCM experience
- Experience of Linux, MacOS and/or Windows Server
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.