IT Security Operations Engineer
2 months ago
Are you an IT professional looking to join a team where you can choose your own adventure while building systems and solutions that add value? Are you excited to upgrade to new technologies and IT methods? Have you been looking for a team that values collaboration and creates opportunities for its team members?
The Kabam IT team continues to grow in 2021 and great people are always welcome. Kabam is a group of dynamic mobile game development studios where work, fun, and challenge are all celebrated. We delight millions of players worldwide. We are advancing in all areas of IT and are looking for motivated and broadly skilled people to join us.
As a key contributor to Kabam’s Security Operations team, you will be responsible for security incident response, vulnerability management, data loss prevention, log monitoring and alerting, digital forensics, penetration testing, network monitoring, log management, anti-malware, and threat assessment - all the fun stuff!
Reporting the Head of Global IT, you will support the introduction, optimization, performance and effectiveness of various IT security related programs throughout the company. You will alternate between hands-on configuration and assessment work, strategy work, and vendor/service management on a daily basis. From running a test phishing campaign to setting up honeypots; advising on new technologies to rearchitecting the perimeter - this role suits a creative, action-inspired individual with a wide range of interests and skills.
Other responsibilities may include management of virtual private networks, firewalls, backup/recovery systems, authentication, and encryption where suited.
This position is often required to be accessible via phone when not in the office and have Internet access to perform certain work duties from home; after hours and weekend work for maintenance may be required; other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful at this role, we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education
- Experience in information technology, information security, cybersecurity, digital forensics, or other relevant fields
- 4-8 years demonstrated experience in cybersecurity or security operations roles
- Demonstrated experience with a multi-tiered security programs across lines of business
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to triage security incidents from response to resolution
- Experience in Cloud Server and Application architecture and administration
- Extensive knowledge of computer security concepts, procedures and fluency in both Linux and Windows based environments
- Intellectual Property vulnerability management experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NIST Special Publication 800 series (e.g., NIST 800-53, NIST 800-63, and NIST 800-171), and other regulatory and legislative authorities
In addition, it is nice to have:
- Training, mentorship and leadership skills
- Familiarity with security concepts in application and API development environments
- Expertise with Palo Alto and Sophos Central technologies
- Authentication (including multifactor) and encryption systems
- Experience with Spirion/Identify Finder, Splunk, Tenable/Nessus
- CISSP, CRISC, CISA or other relevant security certification
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.