24 days ago
We are looking for an experienced IT professional to help lead the IT team and oversee the infrastructure of Wushu Studios. You will help to shape an effective and efficient IT department that is reliable, secure, and provides a friendly service to our development teams. Given the needs of a physical presence to technical systems, the role will require some on-site attendance and therefore we can offer hybrid working for this role.
- Responsible for the day-to-day IT operations, planning work assignments and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Plan improvements to infrastructure, to ensure high availability and redundancy of systems.
- Invest time to keep relevant technical information concerning systems, relationships, and troubleshooting.
- Ensure relevant parties are kept informed of technical endeavours / status. Communicate clearly with the wider team on problems, maintenance, and changes.
- Oversee adequate compliance management for all devices from a security, licensing, insurance, and auditing perspectives.
- Responsible for a people-first strategy to ensure our valued team members have friendly and helpful support for their problems via our ticketing system.
- Oversee value-for-money processes and strategies on purchasing for any IT related items.
- Oversee the onboarding, off-boarding, and development user experience to ensure our users have great interactions with their day-to-day processes.
- Responsible for account management within the estate, including zero trust strategies, privileged accounts, access reviews, and audits.
- Provide assurance that our interests are protected by identifying any risks and helping highlight necessary evolution changes to the business.
- This role requires a hands-on approach to technology. You will be comfortable with understanding the requirements for implementations and be able to adequately implement services.
- You can research problems, find solutions in an autonomous way. Be able to present them in a digestible format with only occasional steer on input from studio leadership.
- You can quickly respond to problems while eliminating assumptions and finding optimal solutions.
- You work within initiative within the broader team to identify improvements and implement process optimisations.
- You are an effective communicator. Diligent with process orientated documentation to facilitate best practices within the rest of the IT team.
- Fully proficient in administrating services related to windows endpoints, including services for Active Directory / Azure / Microsoft Entra.
- Familiar in administrating Linux virtual machines, providing services to development such as Perforce and TeamCity.
- Prior experience in maintaining a reliable network utilising layer 2 features such as VLANs, QoS, Port Authentication, Radius, etc.
- Experience of deploying security policy to cover endpoint management, firewalls, and network access.
- Be able to demonstrate awareness of cyber-security topics, including evolving threats.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience within either the AAA videogames space, or a media content pipeline related company.
- Adaptable to the changing needs of the business.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Generous time off with 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Christmas shutdown, x4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months), and a day off on your birthday
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise