2 months agoAs one of Canada's Top Workplaces for Technology, a Certified Great Place to Work company, and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking an experienced IT Manager.
If you are hands-on, enjoy building and executing a plan, are a creative problem-solver, and love enabling people to do their best work, then this position is for you!
In this role you will deliver a smooth and reliable internal IT service for our studios in Vancouver and Halifax. You will manage a small team and work with external service providers in order to maintain and improve our core systems, software, hardware, network, and desktop support. You will be the face of our IT team!
- Deliver smooth and reliable internal IT service for our studio in Vancouver and Halifax
- Help manage the IT roadmap and budget
- Manage and mentor the IT team
- Manage and define collaboration with external service providers for IT projects and helpdesk support
- Monitor software license purchases and maintenance
- Plan and purchase equipment
- Responsible for the Architecture and management of internal networks, server systems, and critical services
- Oversee operational processes, disaster recovery, respond to alerts
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with others at the studio
- 5+ years of experience providing IT support onsite and remotely in a mixed-OS environment
- Bachelor's degree or additional relevant work experience
- Professional personality with a love for helping others
- Experience with Active Directory management of users, computers and groups
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere, Veeam, Google Workspace, AWS, Microsoft Azure and 365
- Experience in Linux server system administration
- Strong knowledge of modern network administration concepts
- Familiarity with iOS and Android mobile devices
- Self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- Forward-thinker who can focus on optimization and efficiency
- Physically capable of lifting and other typical physical tasks associated with a desktop IT support position, including the ability to lift up to 25 kilograms
- Relevant IT experience in gaming or 3D graphics industries
- Perforce administration experience
- Applicable technical certifications an asset
- Experience managing a small IT team
This is a full-time permanent position at our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home with some time needed in the studio when needed. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.