This job might no longer be available.
IT Desktop Technician
4 days ago
We are a video game development studio, based in the heart of Liverpool city centre, working in a highly technical, creative, and evolving industry. We have many new and existing projects in development and our talented team of developers need your support.
We are looking for an IT Support Technician to provide support and assistance for our Computer systems, hardware, and software. You will be working as part of a team, in a technical, user focused and dynamic environment. The position will be office based.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills giving you the confidence to deal with our users’ IT needs on a one to one basis and through our IT Service Desk resources. Strong hardware and maintenance skills are essential, particularly in our environment which is highly driven by new and evolving technologies.
- Working as an active member of the IT team.
- Providing first line support for direct queries, via telephone, email, chat, video calls and “in person” enquiries.
- Logging incident tickets within the Service Desk and ensuring ownership of raised tickets.
- PC configuration, delivery, and maintenance.
- Maintaining an internal Asset tracking system.
- Set up and configuration of Development kits and peripherals.
- Troubleshooting computer issues and diagnosing problems.
- User creation and set up – liaising with the business on specific user needs.
- Software deployment, monitoring.
- Carry out desk moves within the studio.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation.
- Working under instruction.
- IT Security awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 environment.
- Comfortable using MS Office applications.
- Familiarity of Windows Active Directory, Printer Management, MS Exchange, Office 365 administration.
- Bespoke PC builds from components.
Desired technical skills
- Some knowledge of Network Infrastructure.
- ITIL awareness\qualifications
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in an IT support environment would be beneficial.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.