IT Applications Administrator
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Applications Administrator
San Diego, California
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an IT Applications Administrator - Collab Tools, to become part of the IT Applications team that leads SIE’s corporate SaaS applications, develops custom applications and workflows for revenue-generating business units, and trains SIE staff on the use of our applications such as Microsoft 365, Slack, Box & Google Apps for Work. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to build both in-depth technical skills and an ability to develop exemplary client-facing skills. Candidate will deploy new SaaS products and product features to SIE staff. As part of new product and feature deployment, candidate will be responsible for establishing service readiness with various support teams.
- Independently lead and administer SaaS products like Slack, G Suite, and Microsoft 365.
- Work with customer teams on configuring and handling new product and feature deployments (Microsoft 365, etc.).
- Work with partners & scrum teams to resolve ways to optimize/improve SIE’s various SaaS apps setup and workflows.
- Run license updates and renewals for applications in our portfolio.
- Work on process automation using scripting or integration platforms (Workato, Mulesoft, etc.).
- Be responsible for the effort in establishing new processes and procedures for various SaaS applications
- Assist the rest of the administration team with their responsibilities on other products like O365 and ServiceNow.
- Ensure access to confidential data is appropriately restricted.
- Provide mentorship and training to teams on usage of SaaS tools like Microsoft 365 and Slack.
- Mentor junior administrators in the team with standard methodologies and use of tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in system administration.
- At least 2+ years of experience in configuration and customization of SaaS tools.
- Good understanding of Microsoft 365 applications, permissions schemes, security, reporting, etc.
- Experience with scripting / integration to automate business processes.
- Prior system administration experience involving performance tuning & troubleshooting
- Experience using industry standard ITSM toolsets
- Outstanding level of customer service and support
- Sound appreciation of the needs of the business user base
- Confirmed dedication to troubleshooting, diagnostics and root cause analysis
- Technical awareness over a wide range of hardware and software related issues
- Ability to demonstrate sound understanding of service management principles
- Dedication to the promotion of partnership and communication within support
- Excellent customer facing verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable experience working with minimal oversight.
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.