This job might no longer be available.
Hyperion Analyst Developer
6 months ago
Job Title:Hyperion Analyst Developer
Job Title: Hyperion Analyst Developer
Reporting To: Director, Financial Planning Applications
Department: Information Technology
Location: Austin, TX
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Hyperion Analyst Developer you will be responsible for support of Activision Blizzard’s Planning, Reporting, Profitability applications, and development of new features to meet the needs of our users. The Hyperion Analyst Developer will need to have an advanced level knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Essbase and Financial Reports, and a strong understanding of general business and accounting processes. The Hyperion Analyst Developer will have a passion to improve our users’ productivity while maintaining appropriate business compliance controls. The Hyperion Analyst Developer will be flexible in changing priorities and associated work activities to meet the changes in the business.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Validate financial data to establish trust in the data in Hyperion Planning and Reporting applications
• Participate in all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance windows
• Respond to problem tickets from users to resolve application issues, assess business impact and priority
• Support Hyperion applications by resolving issues submitted by users and assist them with their questions
• Develop and/or modify Hyperion calculation scripts, business rules, Planning forms, SQL codes, automation packages, HPCM allocations.
• Create and/or modify data load rules and perform data loads and exports to assist with unscheduled data backups and/or restores
• Minimum of 8 years Information Systems experience.
• Minimum of 5 years hands on technical experience with Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management suite of products.
• Solid Experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Deployment of Hyperion Planning/Essbase 126.96.36.199, Profitability and Cost Management, Oracle Data Integrator, Financial Reports, Smart View.
• Strong technical skills including writing/creating calculation scripts, business rules, MAXL automation scripts, load rules, report scripts, web forms, financial reports, automation packages using ODI.
• Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
• Solid experience using MS Office with an expert level in Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and personality — we serve users in many countries around the work and in every functional area - excellent verbal and written communication skills and versatile personality is required.
• A dedication for high quality service and end product for our users.
• A desire to always look for alternative and better ways to solve problems and provide solutions.
• The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize competing deliverable.
• Oracle Cloud Enterprise Performance Management
• Financial Consolidation and Close
• Enterprise Data Management
• Functional understanding of Accounting, Finance, and Planning & Budgeting
• Finance knowledge — background in Finance and an understanding of the B/S and P&L
• VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) knowledge for Excel to automate Essbase retrievals
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.