This job might no longer be available.
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and innovative Senior Human Resources Manager to join our HR team in Irvine, CA. Operating in a highly dynamic and creative environment, this role will be the HR business and talent partner for the Diablo franchise and will also assist in HR projects and initiatives across the studio. This position will report to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Serve as a talent partner to the Diablo franchise by helping to create supportive and innovative HR programs to suit the team’s initiatives
- This includes a strategic focus on talent development, succession and pipeline planning, performance and total rewards management, team development, and organizational design, effectiveness, policy interpretation and application, staffing models, talent capabilities, career progression initiatives and training
- Will be a member of the Diablo franchise leadership team.
- Deliver a human capital plan driven by the annual and long-range plans of the company, translating product development requirements into effective and modern people initiatives that work within a creative environment
- Provide expert talent and HR guidance to leaders and staff on all people issues, including talent strategy, organization design, talent attraction and selection, performance productivity and employee relations
- Monitor the organization’s culture to ensure alignment with our core values
- Serve as expert coach to leaders on a variety of actions to enable continual growth, high performance and team effectiveness
- Proactively identifies problem areas and proposes solutions, both within the team being supported and within HR as a whole
- Implement human resources policies and ensure compliance with legal regulations
- Participate in strategy sessions with the HR team on policy, and HR practices
- A minimum of 7 –10 years’ progressive HR business partner / talent partner experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively within creative teams
- Proven record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees
- Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with HR specialist teams, talent acquisition, learning and organizational development, compensation, HR systems and business partners
- Proven success utilizing employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- High degree of business acumen; results oriented with an ability to work independently
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-starter, highly motivated and achievement oriented
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion
- Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) in related fields
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, publishing, or gaming company
- SPHR certification for California
- Experience in Workday HRIS, demonstrated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong background in California employment law
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
“**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered