Human Resources Manager
12 days ago
Human Resources Manager – Madrid
PLEASE APPLY WITH A CV WRITTEN IN ENGLISH
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Working closely with the 2K Madrid management team and HR in 2K Vegas, plans and manages all aspects of Human Resources responsibilities, including but not limited to recruiting, training and development, onboarding/offboarding, employee relations, policy compliance, benefits administration, and payroll administration. Reports to the Director, Human Resources.
- Develops, plans, and/or manages employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, employee development/career planning, policy interpretation and compliance, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Facilitates effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns.
- Partners with management team and Director of Human Resources in the U.S. to communicate employee concerns/requests, anticipate issues, and recommend resolutions.
- Develops and manages recruiting plans and activities using Greenhouse.
- Partners with management team to develop, promote, and coordinate training and development activities, including but not limited to coordinating training curriculum and delivery, as well as career planning and coaching.
- Plans and updates employee orientation to foster positive attitude and communicate company goals with coordination and execution by the HR Specialist.
- Coordinates employee transfers/relocation activities within the company.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations on a variety of Human Resources issues.
- Responds to all inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program utilizing Lattice to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Ensures compliance with country, city, and local employment laws and company guidelines.
- Maintains company job descriptions for all positions.
- Ensures company postings are updated and in compliance with regulations.
- Maintains a variety of HR records including but not limited to insurance, performance reviews, government reporting, unemployment, and employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, terminations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation; conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations; provides monthly reports to management team and Director, Human Resources.
- Collaborates with corporate HR Benefits to administer benefits programs (e.g., life, health, dental insurance, disability, employee assistance, etc.).
- Investigates workers’ accidents and prepare reports for insurance carrier.
- In conjunction with corporate HR Payroll, ensures administration of payroll and time-and-attendance, processes payroll and benefits’ paperwork with our carriers and partners.
- Prepares internal employee communications on benefits or company policies to ensure effective, accurate, and timely dissemination of information.
- Works well with other partners to ensure support of new hires, separations and communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise a team of 1-2 employees.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field; Master’s degree preferred in a related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in a human resources generalist function or an equivalent combination of education and experience for 150-200 employees.
- Proven ability to manage a team of HR professionals to ensure their learning and development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems
- Experience building an HR function a plus.
- Strong recruiting background a must; strong training and development background a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include English at a C1-C2 level.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from employees, candidates, and groups of managers.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines with proven attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of Madrid’s human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and all types of leaves of absence.
- This is an in-office position and not available for remote work.
- Consistent with a desk job in a normal office environment.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture . We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks . Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.