Human Resource Business Partner, Director
14 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Join our HRBP organization as HRBP Director and partner with a group of senior leaders and their organizations providing strategic support and helping lead Roblox’s unique approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture in a fast growing and dynamic public company.
We are looking for talented people who are passionate about optimization of talent and are aligned with and can balance our Roblox values to “take the long view” and “get stuff done”.
- Establish yourself as a competent, knowledgeable, trusted, reliable partner for the leaders and employees of your client organizations
- Work closely with leaders across the company to understand and conceptualize their specific business, organizational and employee goals
- Partner with our Center of Excellence teams to provide insights, recommendations and delivery of programs to your business partners.
- Plan, drive, execute and monitor the effectiveness of initiatives set by the People team.
- Be an owner for the organizational and cultural health of your client groups and the effectiveness of its leadership teams
- Partner with key organizational leaders in Engineering
- This role reports to Sr Director HRBPs and will be part of the people team
- 8+ years of experience as an HRBP in tech, platform and/or game companies.
- You are a team player, low-ego and highly collaborative. You get energized by engaging with people, helping them grow and seeing them thrive.
- Take responsibility for outcomes mindset and look to solve not just identify problems
- Emotional intelligence, ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes while balancing your advisor role to help your clients focus on best outcomes
- Establish rapport with and build and refine trusting and open partnerships with leaders and people across an organization.
- Able to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels (including senior leadership) in a principled and quantitative approach.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, are comfortable using data and analytics to solve problems or substantiate your suggestions.
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience with organizational design and development
- Plus: Worked as part of a people organization with HRBPs focused on talent optimization
- Plus: Proven record of building, leading and engaging diverse, high performing teams
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass