Houdini Pipeline Engineer
2 months ago
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Houdini Pipeline Engineer who has a strong grasp of Houdini as a developer and user, and who has practical experience integrating Houdini into professional visual effects, animation or video-game production pipelines. As a Houdini Pipeline Engineer with DigitalFish, you will be responsible for the integration of a state-of-the art Houdini fur simulation system into the pipeline at one of the largest and most successful visual effects companies in the industry.
DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Technicolor, Pixar/Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, Facebook, Google, Apple, LEGO, ESPN, NASA and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 7+ years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Develop Python scripts, Houdini nodes and Houdini Digital Assets (HDA) for the efficient management of creative data
- Participate in daily scrums and interviews with stakeholders to ensure the successful gathering of requirements, planning and execution for all tasks involved in delivering a pipeline that integrates with other aspects of the overall project
- Collaborate and contribute with peers in an Agile development environment, including conducting code reviews to ensure quality and standards are maintained
- Identify challenging aspects of integration and deployment of the pipeline in production together with members of the client studio
- Contribute to documenting design, implementation and usage of the pipeline
- Educate end users on how to take advantage of new capabilities unlocked by the pipeline
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 7+ years experience developing pipeline solutions in a visual-effects or animation-production studio, or a combination of an advanced degree plus relevant work experience
- Highly skilled in the use of Houdini, including in the creation and maintenance of HDA’s and VEX code
- Experience writing Python code for creative pipelines, with special focus on the relevant Houdini modules
- Expert in workflows and pipelines for VFX production
- Adept at writing code for asset-management systems
- Experience working collaboratively with version control (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment and using Agile tools (e.g., Jira)
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Working experience with Katana
- Proficient in C++ development
- Hands on experience creating plug-ins for USD
- Working experience with Solaris and LOP networks
- Experience working with Houdini viewer states
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive rate per qualifications
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times.
This is a contract position. Principals only, recruiting firms please do not contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.