Head of Trust and Safety
San Francisco, CA
1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is seeking a highly experienced Head of Global Trust & Safety to lead a world-class team that creates clear policies and expectations for the Twitch community, ensures consistent and fair enforcement of our standards, and builds trust between Twitch and its community of creators, viewers, developers, and advertisers.
You will be directly responsible for making Twitch safer, enabling creators to express themselves, encouraging diversity on the service, and enhancing our brand. You will build strong relationships and solve complicated problems with internal stakeholders in Partnerships, Legal, Public Policy, Product Development, and PR. You will lead the development and enhancement of policies that help shape the expectations and behavior of our community. You will be called-upon to make tough decisions in novel situations, and to deliver recommendations under tight time pressure , often among senior executives and internal experts with competing viewpoints. You will represent the company among industry peers and governments, contributing to the broader conversation about internet safety, and bringing cutting-edge policy developments and best practices back to Twitch.
You will manage a global team of highly skilled content moderation and policy professionals who respond to issues on the service 24 hours a day around the world. You must have demonstrated experience in hiring and developing the best talent , and in creating a work environment that ensures their safety and health.
You will lead Twitch in finding ways to identify and mitigate unwanted behavior on the service, while still promoting streamer development and expression. Additionally, you will be expected to propose, develop, and lead broader efforts to ensure Twitch is a trusted and safe community for both creators and viewers. This will involve developing new community and internal guidelines, identifying sources of abuse, and establishing ways to improve how Twitch communicates its vision to the community.
- Deliver on the vision for being the safest place to create and participate in live-streamed content
- Assess and adopt best practices that address digital abuse, risks, trust, and safety in the Twitch community
- Drive the conceptualization and implementation of Twitch’s content risk standards and tenets
- Partner with cross functional teams to measure risk and develop safety and community guidelines
- Develop and scale internal enforcement operations including moderation, escalation, feedback, and legal compliance
- Influence product teams to build and improve abuse detection, analytics, and internal moderation tools
- Act as point of contact for safety crisis escalations that impact Twitch’s community of creators, viewers, developers, and advertisers
- Represent Twitch in front of industry and government stakeholders on topics related to community safety
- Manage, develop, and ensure the safety and wellness of a global team of moderators and policy enforcement professionals
- Build and own long-term strategy and initiatives that benefit Twitch’s community of creators, viewers, developers, and advertisers
- 10+ years of leadership in content moderation operations and policy development for online communities that create user-generated content
- Experience managing large multi-functional and global teams of varying levels
- Experience delivering world-class customer experience against core metrics, as well as process improvement.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability necessary to analyze data, regulatory requirements, and product limitations
- Excellent collaboration and consensus-building skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask ; ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills ; a talent for advocacy
- Sound business judgment , strategic and analytical capabilities, including using data to drive
- strategy and business action
- Experience working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment . Calm under pressure . Crisis management experience.
- Excellent collaborator with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated passion for gaming and digital safety
- Work out of Twitch’s downtown San Francisco headquarters (remote during Covid-19)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.