Head of Subcontract Delivery, Defence
20 days ago
We are a modern organisation in our scale up phase with the ability to be flexible and agile, and increasingly we are taking our Defence customers on this journey too. Our team is responsible for delivering significant, high-value, novel programs of work. Our work blends delivery management, customer engagement, commercial acumen & product feedback.
You will set up and own a new cross-functional team to improve our ability to deliver with the aid of subcontractors and suppliers. The team will grow, in line with business needs, to encompass subcontract project management, engineering, commercial and procurement skills through a blend of direct and assigned staff.
Area of Impact
- Set up and own a new cross-functional team to improve our ability to deliver with the aid of subcontractors and suppliers.
- You will grow our capability to deliver through other organisations in line with our modern agile project delivery model, flowing down a methodology that is leading edge in the Defence market.
- You will mature and template our processes and ways of working with suppliers and subcontractors to enable effective and efficient delivery of our end-customer needs, operating in accordance with our values.
- You directly and indirectly manage delivery from our supply-chain ensuring they deliver to expectations, liaising with project stakeholders to manage dependencies each way integrating our partner’s activities into our projects.
- You will grow the team in line with business needs through a mixture of direct recruitment and line management, and the task management of other functional staff seconded to work within the team.
- You will cherish our uniquely agile approach and have a wide appreciation of both the product roadmap and future business opportunities. In doing so you will identify opportunities to bring in new partners and extend our use of partners.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- You want to leverage your experience in the set up and management of technology and software subcontracts to implement modern, novel digital solutions in aid of the security of the UK and its allies.
- You are able to manage complexity and rapid change, keep track of detail and and enjoy working in a growing business, spotting gaps and building maturity as needed.
- You enjoy rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck into both tactical and strategic activities. We are a small but growing team and are looking for someone to grow with us as our scope and scale increase.
- You are an empathetic, collaborative leader who can move seamlessly between operational and tactical levels to guide management of subcontract execution in a rapidly growing and maturing organisation.
- Clear appreciation of the full software development lifecycle, either by way of a technical degree or experience in industry.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.