This job might no longer be available.
Head of Strategic Partnerships: Global Emerging Markets & Asia
1 month ago
The EA Mobile Commercial group is looking for an experienced Head of Mobile Strategic Partnerships who can identify new business opportunities, gain strategic understanding, and manage broad deal negotiation on behalf of EA and its multiple brands and franchises. You will have a heavy focus on supporting regional growth goals and partnering with multiple EA studio teams to create strategic partnerships with 1st Party platforms, Payment partners and 3rd party brands that maximize the player engagement and influence franchises within the EA Mobile product portfolio.
If you understand contractual elements and principled negotiation techniques you will be a great fit. They will have a firm grasp of trends across tech, payment, entertainment, and gaming industries. You will use your knowledge to build goals, shape strategies and tactical programs to provide creative solutions in a sustainable ways. You will post-mortem projects through measurable indicator and be able to provide clear recommendations and efficiencies that can be implemented for future projects across EA's portfolio of titles.
Engagement to manage specified business development and strategic partnership functions. You will work regularly with EA business and studio leaders of all levels and will also present to, or lead pitches, with senior leaders at external partners.
- Identify and maintain relationships with 1st Party and Third-party app stores, payments partners, brands, OEM's, telecommunication companies, and social platforms across the Asia & Emerging markets region
- Establish and lead our Alternate payment strategy for each important sub region.
- Help the relevant EA teams understand in detail the existing and planned Mobile payments partner strategies in regions that ensure players to fiscally engage with EA products and services .
- Create an in-depth knowledge bank regarding the different payment systems available in these countries.
- Oversee the relationship and commercial discussions with partners, while monitoring the services and player reach achieved to ensure that player engagement with EA products remains firm and achievable on platforms that 1st party don't support.
- Brief and manage external, partner, talent, management and creative agencies when driving Brand activations.
- Be the EA primary ambassador on business terms and the contracting process for third-party content and services, or partner with EA corporate Business Development teams should their expertise be required.
- Demonstrate expertise in the competitor landscape with expert knowledge of industry best practices.
- Evaluate EA needs and identify achievable solutions to meet internal goals and areas of opportunity.
- Partner and work with internal client groups and "shared services" peers such as brand, studio, creative strategy, legal, compliance and finance to prepare and negotiate agreements with partners.
- Maintain an understanding of the games industry and maintain solid relationships with potential external partners and internal clients.
- Use internal partnerships and use external relationships that enhance the territory team's effectiveness
- Identify new business opportunities and future potential revenue streams.
- Dissect and identify efficiencies with current processes across strategic partnership that contribute to the growth of the EA brand.
- You will report to the Head of Asia Strategic growth.
- Typically requires 7+ years of related Commercial, business development, brand, marketing, and product development or licensing experience
- Understand how Mobile 1st Party & alternate payments ecosystems work
- You have experience in the video game industry(mobile)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game industry business trends.