Head of Production (Apex Legends)
12 days ago
Founded in 2010, Respawn Entertainment was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected.
Over the last decade, Respawn has created multiple critically acclaimed blockbusters that have left a lasting impression on our players worldwide. These games have been built on the value of always prioritizing gameplay and the player first. Additionally, we believe that every discipline plays a crucial role in helping create great gaming experiences. We challenge ourselves to exceed expectations, aiming to deliver our players' amazing experiences every time they play our games. Lastly, we create and nurture a family culture where trust and support empower us as a team to achieve more together.
Respawn Entertainment is the Academy Award-winning studio behind critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. As a collective of creative developers, we have launched some of the industry’s most critically and commercially successful games. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Respawn Entertainment is looking for an experienced Head of Production / Executive Producer on Apex Legends. The role will oversee a multi-location-based development team (Los Angeles and Vancouver), embrace our studio philosophies, and benefit from your experience and expertise in delivering incredible gaming experiences for our players.
W e’re looking for someone who has a track record and passion for developing and operating AAA games as a Live Service. Ideal candidates will have experience managing production teams and building and improving processes, communication lines, and methodologies to allow efficiency, growth, and a healthy work/life balance for development.
The Executive Producer will manage their Production team, anchor communication across the development studio, manage cross-functional workflow considerations and risks, and help the project hit its seasonal and annual development goals. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do...
- Perform as the Head of Production for Apex Legends HD, ensuring smooth development practices and execution by making sure development plans are clear and on point and acting as a key communicator across the team and studio.
- Manage Production Team overseeing long-lead content development, seasonal content launches, and ongoing live service quality. Candidates will provide leadership to the existing Production Team, focusing on skill and talent growth, mentorship, and long-term career planning.
- Work with Studio Leadership Team, Game Directors, key discipline directors, and department leads to ensure project milestones and priorities are scoped, planned, and launched on time and within budget.
- As a key stakeholder on the Apex Franchise Leadership Team, you will participate in planning and driving the franchise's short and long-term strategic goals.
- Lead collaboration between Respawn Studio, internal EA cross-functional teams, and other external partners and stakeholders to align goals and execution planning.
- Responsible for planning with Studio Finance teams and other partners on forecasting budgets, headcount, and timelines for projects. Responsible for monitoring development and budgetary considerations.
- Foster Respawn’s development missions and values and drive initiatives to foster our culture that provides continuous feedback, support, and empowerment to our teams.
- Oversee project schedules, productivity towards milestones, and production pathways.
- Raise awareness of issues to Studio Leadership, and help remove roadblocks impacting the development team and key priorities.
- Identify and help alleviate any discrepancies across production efforts. Keep track of requirements and address red flags as needed.
- Monitor Production’s handling of feature requests and feasibility based on overall development needs.
- Evaluate and iterate to improve development processes.
- Be a vocal ambassador for the product and team in both internal and external scenarios.
You will have…
- Experience as an Executive Producer or Head of Production seeing at least 3+ AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship
- 8+ years of experience as an embedded production lead of a development team on console and PC games.
- 4+ years of Studio Management experience of a mid-to-large-sized development studio and direct team leadership and mentorship capabilities.
- Experience in running a AAA game as a Live Service with seasonal updates and an ongoing content pipeline built to drive ongoing engagement and retention. Strong fundamental understanding of performance metrics and goals as they relate to Live Service development.
- Experience running both core teams, as well as working with distributed partners and outsourcing resources. The role will manage two owned studio locations, so experience in this area is a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge/experience in Project Management and a solid understanding of scheduling and project tracking with software tools like Excel, MS Project, JIRA.
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of game development from concept to launch with a focus on long-term roadmap planning, risk management/mitigation, scalability of commitment supporting a heavy play test culture, where the game is always available for testing and feedback at any stage of development.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships at every level. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with and be part of their team. Paired with excellent leadership, communication, and verbal skills.
- Intense passion for making video games. The game you are making is a game you enjoy playing.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.