Director of Product (Web portal) - Monopoly GO!
22 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Director of Product (W eb portal) to join our Monopoly GO game remotely from Spain, UK or Israel!
This role entails working with a cross-functional team to provide unique, engaging experiences for our players; collaborating on features, processes, and tools to achieve business goals. You
will own the creation and execution of the roadmap for the web portal, as well as having responsibility for the business performance of the live product.
This role reports to the VP / GM of Web, and will directly manage a team of product managers.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
- Define the product strategy for the web portal, in collaboration with senior leadership, to ensure we serve our player population with an experience that drives long term ecosystem retention
- Own the end to end feature development process from conceptualization through launch and long term feature maintenance, collaborating with all related subject matter experts (UX, UI, Engineering, Production, QA)
- Oversee research and discovery for new features, transforming high-level opportunities into concrete and well thought out feature designs
- Ensure preproduction and spec work is thorough, high quality and delivered on-time
- Monitor progress, give feedback and resolve questions or obstacles during each production sprint
- Drive development prioritization conversations informed by player’s needs, the web portal strategy and the business goals
- Own KPIs of live features and drive optimization of feature and overall site performance leveraging quantitative insights (via the Analytics team) and qualitative data (via Community, CS, User Research, Market Research, etc.)
- Partner with the Analytics, Economy & LiveOps teams to maximize features impact
- Lead a team of product managers (including potentially new hires) to execute on your product strategy & performance goals
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in product development roles, preferably in F2P mobile casual games, e-commerce or other consumer-facing live services
- 3+ years of experience leading product teams and making data-informed decisions
- Deep understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Proven ability to deploy resources against highest impact initiatives, understand tradeoffs, anticipate & mitigate risks, manage expectations, and maintain high quality of deliverables
- A track record of elevating product KPIs effectively, especially in F2P games at scale, with strong quantitative capabilities (ability to develop and test hypotheses, translate product problems into analytics studies, and interpret data in a meaningful and actionable way)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. Able to articulate the “why” instead of just the “how” and “what” to drive team-wide alignment on the product vision
- Highly collaborative, strong in execution and outcome driven
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Notice to candidates: Scopely, Inc and its affiliates will never request payment or ask for financial information as a condition for applying to a position or receiving an offer of employment.All official Scopely, Inc. recruiters only use email domains that end with @scopely.com.
Our official website is www.scopely.com. Please only apply to positions posted on our official website and ensure the recruiter only communicates via the official email domain.
Should you have any questions or encounter any fraudulent requests/emails/websites, please immediately contact email@example.com .